Thursday, October 22, 2009

Shall We Gather at the River

This old hymn is stuck in my head. I can hear my ex-MIL banging it out on the piano keys everytime she sat down at one.  We laid her tired, sweet body to rest today after the congregation sang her favorite hymn.
If you have never heard this hymn, Google it....what a beautiful, meaningful song.

This has been a really long week. I have watched a family humble themselves before our Lord and grieve over a wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. Not to mention her friends....WOW...she was a Godly woman who earned respect everywhere she went and in every life she touched.

She will be missed by all who knew her and loved her. 


Until next time......

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry.. what a nice tribute.
    Love ya!
    Lillie

    ReplyDelete